Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wingnuts

"Wingnuts!," my friends would always yell when it was on Wednesday. All the Peer Leaders on my floor established in the beginning of the year that the floor will go to Wingnuts every Wednesday. Why Wednesday? Because Wingnuts has a special deal every Wednesday. Whenever one buys wings on a Wednesday, he/she is given an extra 1/2 pound of wings for free (so as long as he/she buys at least a pound worth of wings)! The menu has a great deal of options to choose from; one can order 1/2 pound of wings to 100 pieces of wings. Personally, I go with the combo 1 because it is the best deal on they give in my opinion. Combo 1 offers a pound of chicken (with an extra 1/2 pound if you order on Wednesdays!!!!!), fries, and 2 drinks, or chicken and a big box of fries(if you don't want the drinks). After placing your order, the cashier asks what flavors you would like; there are over 20 different flavors for the wings. Usually, I get the Chipotle Ranch flavor for the pound of chicken and then a new flavor that I never had for the extra 1/2 pound. 1 1/2 pounds of chicken is a lot to eat, I don't think I could finish it all on an extremely hungry day; as a result, I end up sharing with my roommate and alternating our payments. Wingnuts is an awesome place to eat and I totally recommend eating there. The only problem is that waiting in line takes SO long because it is extremely popular on Wednesdays. I recommend going later than the expected time.

6 comments:

  1. Wow i never knew they did that special. If I had known I would have suggested that my GT1000 group go there instead of Junior's today. The only other problem is I have no idea where Wingnuts is. I know it's somewhere near east campus, but I don't live or do anything over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My peer leader has been trying to set up a tradition of Wingnuts Wednesdays in my hall. Though my hall has only done it twice so far, it has been quite successful and uses a great incentive to bring the residents of the hall together: a lot of good food for little price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Wingnuts but I absolutely LOVE wings so I will make sure I try there. Where exactly is it located? I think you should use that 1 1/2 pounds of chicken to bring to English class one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wignuts is located under the North Avenue Appartments. I've been there several times, but I didn't know about that deal. Does it go on all day Wednesday? And does Wednesday end at midnight, or when they close?

    Wignuts is a little expsive for how much food you get, so I don't go there that much (and because it's so far). But at 2 a.m. your only choices are Wignuts and Jazzman's, and since Jazzman's is expensive and not very good at all, I usually choose Wignuts :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Bekah you need to get to wingnuts quick. It will change your life.

    2. Welton, chiotle ranch is an inferior choice of flavor. Try sweet thai chile or lemon pepper. YUUMMMMM

    3. The cajun fries are by far the best part of the whole experience. but sometimes you have o pull teeth to get a sufficient amount of ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Wingnuts. You must try their Honey BBQ boneless wings. They are nice and tender and the sweetness of the sauce is just right. Oh, and dont forget to pay the extra 25 cents for ranch or bleu cheese! I forget everytime and end up swiping my buzz card twice.

    ReplyDelete