Friday, September 18, 2009

Have a Coffee and a Class

The foodies of G5 meet in the chem annex of the college of computing, which in itself makes little to no sense at all for an English class. What is even more perplexing still, at least to myself, is that we have a coffee shop in the foyer. This raises many a question including but not limited to; "Why here?", "Can I use my buzz card?" and most importantly "Is it any good?". Well I am here to answer those questions. First and fore most..... it is here for the simple reason that it is a high traffic area and it was a good business opportunity... i.e. it's a place where there is a statistically high chance of them making as much money of people as possible. As for the second question, yes they do take buzz cards as well as cash... but sorry no money orders or c.o.d's. Yes, that was a joke. But that leaves us with the question most dear to a foodie's heart, is it any good. Well the standard no frills coffee is pretty standard. On the other hand their frilly fu-fu coffee drinks such as latte's and what not, are pretty good, according to the people I have polled (I am in no way a frilly fu-fu coffee drink drinker). They have other beverages such as juices, sodas and H2O. Most importantly for the student on the go however is that they have food such as pastries and sandwiches. Having not had one of their sandwiches, I cannot comment on them but as for their pastries, they are delicious. I highly recommend the rice crispy treats, I had one today and for the first time in years I was able to buy one that was as good as the ones my mom makes. So to cap it all off, go there if you have a class in the area and need to recharge your mind, body, soul or sanity.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to share with my fellow foodies that since posting this on Friday I have found another java stand on the third floor of the MRDC. But sadly when I found it, it was closed. I will continue my search for more java stands across campus....... if anyone else has found any, let us know.

    ReplyDelete