Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Non-Wing Wednesday

Gumbo is a southern thing. There's something about good gumbo that always makes me feel happy. It might be the spicy sausage or the warm temperature. Today, it could have been the copious amount of rice, my favorite food, which came with my bowl of warm happiness.
I did not expect World of Wings, the restaurant across from Burdell's in the Student Center Commons, to posses any culinary talents outside of chicken. I am glad I was mistaken. Please try their gumbo. It's real food on a college campus. This is a rare opportunity!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should wander around the Student Center more. I think I've only eaten in the food court twice, and thats because I got a gift card with my meal plan. Without it, I would probably stay away because I am poor enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real food on campus? Food that is not made from grease and oils ad sits heavily in your stomach? This I believe is worth a try! I have never had gumbo and I am from the South but I will be willing to go on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good to know; i always enjoy a large serving of gumbo. I have been wondering if anyone sold good food on a college campus. For those who have never eaten gumbo, you are really missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea we could get gumbo on campus, and am pleasantly surprised. It is very nice to know that we can get diverse food that won't weigh us down. This now on my list of things to check out.

    ReplyDelete