Sunday, September 27, 2009

A little taste of Brazil

My parents came to town for parents weekend. I was happy to see them. But I was more excited that I got something different than Brittain or Wingnuts. My parents and I ended up going to a restaurant called Sal Grosso, a Brazilian Steak House. The concept with Sal Grosso is a very unique one. When you sit down, you are given a clean plate and a card that is green on one side and red on the other. After this waiters walk around the dining room with large cuts of meat and even larger knives. If your card is on green they will stop at your table and give you a few slices of meat. If red they will continue past. As long as your card is on green, the meat keeps coming. The types of meat range from various cuts of steak, lamb, pork and chicken with all of it being well seasoned and tasty. They also have a salad bar that offsets all the meat you will be eating. With the lack of real red meat I have been getting for the last 6 weeks, Sal Grosso was the perfect place to go.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a restaurant similar to Sal Grosso for prom my senior year called Fogo De Chao. There were green/red cards and a salad bar as well. I love Brazilian steak houses and would love to go again sometime.

    ReplyDelete