Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Forbidden Fruit

After eating a meal at the dinning hall, I always feel like I need something light to wash down the meal, kind of an after dessert dessert. At the beginning of the year, Brittain made this quite easy. They placed apples and oranges at the exit. The thing that I liked most about this was the variety off apple that Brittain offered. From granny smith to golden delicious, every day that I went, at least four varieties of apples were there. I even had a type of apple from New Zealand, a firm fleshed fruit with light but present flavor and the smallest hint of tartness, that I have never tasted before. I actually started to look forward to what Brittain had to offer. But lately I have only seen one type of apple available, often the same variety for more than one day. I hope that soon Brittain goes back to how they were. I am tired of being apple deprived

6 comments:

  1. I have been to Brittain for several times.(I live in the west and Woodroof does better in food serving.)What I can find and tolerate to eat seems to be pizza.There is little inviting food and few fruits. Though eating at the dinning hall is not that pleasant, I prefer to go to the Woodroof.At least, it can provide various fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the pile of apples surrounded by bananas near the burrito bar? They also have some next to the salad bar. Early on I randomly picked up an apple and was amazed at the quality of it, though I wish I had remembered what kind it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually grab a piece of fruit from the pile near the burrito bar. I feel obligated to eat something healthy after I eat the pile of grease they call food.

    And now that I think about it, if Georgia has a peach on their license plate, why doesn't Brittain serve peaches?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always grab an apple or banana from Brittain on my way out. They are of suprisingly good quality, and I like to keep a stash of apples in my room. I miss that apple diversity, too, but at least they always have a large supply by the burrito bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that Brittain is not falling into a lazy, beginning of the year is over we can slack off phase. I have never been to Brittain but I know the feeling of needing something light to ease the heaviness of the greasy foods. I hope you get your apples back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living on the west side, Woodruff is my easy option as it is nearby. Secondly most importantly it encourages me to dine there as it provides me with plenty of options. Woodruff has often provided us with different varieties of apples, bananas, oranges and at times pineapples. But yesterday when I went to Woodruff I was amazed to see Kiwis, which were a rare sight to spot at the Woodies. But I hope it keeps on amazing me during intervals as it is nice to spot a change. As one would have heard "Change is inevitable. Change is constant." - Benjamin Disraeli

    ReplyDelete