Thursday, September 24, 2009

Late Night Chinese Snack

I have had a pretty heavy school load this week, and last night I was up late with a friend writing a sociology paper. My sorority eats dinner at 5 pm, so by 11 o’clock or so my tummy was rumbling. I tried to put it off but my midnight, I couldn’t take it anymore. My friend and I spent 20 minutes deciding on what we were hungry for, but when someone mentioned Chinese, we both shouted “YES”. This is one of the better decisions I have ever made.

My PL recommended Lucky China for their cheap, fast delivery. We wasted no time. I decided on the house special Lo Mein, and my friend got the General Tso’s Chicken. We both ordered eggrolls and Won Ton soup to complete the meal. Altogether, we spent only $18. What a deal.

They delivered in about 20 minutes, and when I got here I wanted to tear open the Styrofoam box. We both shared everything, and it was all fabulous. The pork and shrimp in the Lo Mein was tender and soaked in yummy sauce. The vegetables were fresh and tasty, too! My friend’s chicken was just the right amount of spicy. But the best part was yet to come: the eggrolls. They were pork eggrolls and they were perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, but steamy and fresh on the inside.

This was the perfect midnight meal.

4 comments:

  1. When I read that you ordered from Lucky China, I was immediately reminded of a very similarly named chinese restaurant by the name of Lucky Buddha near Georgia Tech's west campus that I have ordered from in the past. The amount of food for the price you pay at Lucky Buddha seems to rival that of Lucky China. I'm curious as to which one is the better chinese restaurant. I will definitely give Lucky China a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Lucky Buddha last Sunday and I thought it was very good for the price. I had chicken and broccoli and it was only $8 or so.

    Where is Lucky China?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like there are alot of good chinese take-out places near campus. Two or three weeks ago I ordered from this place called Chico and Chang. It was a Chinese and Mexican restaurant which was a really odd combination to me. But teh two together tasted great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I often get extremely hungry by midnight also because I usually end up sleeping at 4:30 AM every night or so doing work. I don't order delivery though. My companions are instant noodles :DD.

    ReplyDelete