Sunday, September 20, 2009

Miracle Fruit

Miracle Fruit

I have been growing a miracle fruit plant for the past month and a half, it is now 2 inches tall and has 2 small leaves. Now most of you are probably thinking..."ok, its just a plant. who cares." But the reason I am writing this blog is to tell you some cool things about the berries it produces. But first here is some background information on it. It is one of the slowest growing plants in the world, originates from the forests in south africa, produces fruit 8 times a year, and a single berry can cost up to $20. But here is what that $20 can do to you for about 30min - 2 hours. (Yes its legal!)

Eat 1 berry and all of your taste buds will change. Lemons will taste like glazed donuts, hot sauce will not have a taste, and raw eggs will taste like water. The berry alters your taste buds so that all sour things taste sweet and all hot things have no taste; along with a few other odd changes.

I thought this would be something cool to know!

- Giovanni Mannella

5 comments:

  1. Really!? I can't believe I have never heard of them before. Have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is actually really interesting! What is the plant called? have you tried them to see if they actually work? I can see that they are slow growing though if you have been growing them for two months and all you have are two leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing which came to my mind after having read this blog post, was "Is It Possible?". But then having seen the reasons following the blog post, I tried to agree with it though not completely convinced. I really wish to taste a few of them and know what's the exact truth behind this mysterious fruit that helps change your tastes. And its exciting to know that its been like over a month and it has hardly grown, isn't that amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first i did not think the berries would work, but i bought the tablets after reading the scientific view of them and then decided to buy them just to see...Btw - the berries itself do not cost $20 dollars EACH, they go for up to $3 per piece (although must sellers offer them in packs of minimum 10 berries). This is still very expensive :( , so I'm buying the tablets for a while now, which to me, make a big difference!
    Anyways, after i got them i had to try something sour just to see, so i took one tablet and disolve it in my mouth and put some lemon juice on my tongue. Amazingly they worked!!! This is an awesome product for anyone who wants to eat more sour/bitter stuff, but just can't take that sour taste...Try it and make your life even sweeter :) - and let me know if anyone else tried the tabs...

    ReplyDelete