Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Real Deal

In my busy college life it is seemingly impossible to slow down and enjoy the little things in life. It might be something as small as enjoying a bird's singing, or fully appreciating that the sun is once again shining down upon the campus, I just cannot seem to slow down and appreciate it. But today I was able to slow my life down enough to appreciate one of the simplest, yet most rewarding parts of life, and it came from an unexpected source. Today I was able to appreciate truly perfect Coca-Cola, and it came from the Britain Dining Hall fountain machines.

Drinking Coca-Cola from those fountain machines can be a truly strange experience. Sometimes the machine simply spits out a watery, foul, chemical tasting liquid that is simply horrible. Then sometimes it deals out just plain water. However, on rare occasions, occasions like tonight, those machines manage to get the mix just right, and their creation is heavenly.

It might have been that it was the first thing I had gotten to drink all day, other than a bottle of water. It might have been that I had stayed up until five thirty that morning and was and still am in a delirious state. There is one undeniable truth, however, and that fact is that on September 26, 2009, the Britain Dining Hall had a fountain machine with that perfect mix that creates the perfect Coca-Cola.

2 comments:

  1. If anything, I think Coca Cola will be the end of me. As a kid I used to drink so much that I practically developed an addiction. I've cut back alot, mostly because (1) I know its not healthy for me and (2) buying them for my mini fridge is tougher than I thought. I can't justify the expense on something I can get in the dining hall and I can't justify my health once I'm in the dining hall. So if my goal is to drink water, then I succeeded. I agree though. I've had those days were I haven't had a sip of water and an incredibly cold Coke sends tingles down my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drinks from the fountain machines do taste a bit watered down sometimes, and I have noticed that this is the case more often in Brittain dining hall.

    ReplyDelete