Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Taste of Home

This weekend i visited my Grandmother with my mom and two brothers to celebrate her eighty-fifth birthday, and she cooked an meal that puts Brittain's food easily to shame. Now i know what most of you are thinking, why would you make your grandmother cook for her own birthday? However, to her, cooking is by no means a chore. In the past we have tried to take this burden off of her, but every time my Grandmother fervently insists that she cook so we have learned to let her enjoy her passion for cooking. Anyway, the meal was absolutely astonishing. We devoured the succulent pork chops and demolished the side items (creamed corn, potatoes, and green beans). Shortly after enjoying that meal so thoroughly, i came to a disappointing truth. I'm stuck eating dinning hall food for a while...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think very many restaurants can come close to a home-cooked meal.

    I know what you mean about your grandmother wanting to cook, mine is the same way. She's 80, but won't let anyone help her cook or clean up. I think it's a combination of her enjoying it and wanting to stay independent.

    ReplyDelete