Saturday, August 22, 2009

Starting my homework early...

     The first “food blog” I explored was An Appetite for China. I found this particular blog to be very eye-catching, fun, and exciting. This is, in part, because I love Chinese food, but also because the pictures were exquisite! The food in the first picture looked so tasty that it actually made me want to try it. The spinach picture (a few blogs below the first) made the spinach seem so decadent that I briefly forgot how much I hate vegetables. The links had catchy names, such as “i nom food” (the word “nom” means “eat,” by the way) and I found myself exploring all over the blog.

     The writer of this blog, Diana Kuan, is interested particularly in Chinese food all over the world. This is because she grew up watching TV shows about Chinese restaurants in other countries. She is a freelance writer and a cooking instructor who has written for The Boston Globe, Food & Wine, US Airways, TimeOut New York, and World Hum, and many others. Her story was very interesting to me.

     The second “food blog” was Organic to Be, a blog written by multiple passionate bloggers to inform readers of organic recipes, food, and gardens. Although I am a full supporter of organic food, I found this website to be dreadful. The text seemed crammed between the two outer columns, and I had to really focus to get any reading accomplished. The font was way too small and difficult to read, and the topics were boring to me. The whole website seemed a little too heavy on gardening for my taste. Even when I clicked on the link “organic recipes” I was still disappointed with the lack of pictures and the absence of color. Everything seemed so... neutral, bland, boring. I was too bored at that point to even try to continue reading.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the ultra-cool review of Appetite for China vs. Organictobe on the Foodies of E3 blog... nothing compared to G5 or P4.

    E3 FOODIES RULE!
    DOWN WITH G5 & P4!

    Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete