Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gluten-Free Girl http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

Well, I don't want to seem like I just summarized Michael Duke's evaluation, but here I go. The author puts the writing in a story format so that it keeps the readers interested. For me, I liked the most recent story that the author posted up, the one about her father-in-law and tomatoes (though personally I despise tomatoes). I liked the story because there seemed to be an emotional background behind it. Meaning that the tomatoes mean something special to her and how she can still see the pleasure on her father's face when eating tomatoes. Because of this, she is able to create recipes over the summer involving only tomatoes. In my opinion, that is the only thing important to her during the summer: the joy shared between her family members when eating together. The author always writes a story before she posts a recipe so she can express why the recipe mean so much to her. This gives the reader an idea of how special each recipe is. The way the author writes keeps the readers interested because the blog isn't all text; rather, she posts many pictures and some videos to let the reader have a glimpse of what she is talking about. This way of writing is extremely effective I believe, for her message is clearly expressed: eating with others always taste the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment