Thursday, August 20, 2009

Review of Two blogs

I had taken it down after the first email, but since Dr. Tiff mentioned me didn't want to make her look like a liar. ;) The following is what i pulled out of two of the three blogs.

Little Corner of Mine (http://belachan2.blogspot.com/)

This blog was interesting to read, but I found the author’s tastes a little too eccentric. Some of the meals and beverages she seemed to enjoy I don’t believe I would appreciate as much. However, the blog was done in a format which made it very easy to read. Large text on a white background kept the eyes from straining, and the use of headlines and pictures would have made skimming very easy for anyone looking over the author’s blog for a particular recipe. She, I’m assuming she is in fact a female due to her reference to “girlfriends” and her “hubby”, seemed to have the creditability of an average person. As one who has tried a few different recipes and might be able to cook well some of them, but not a gourmet chef or professional critique. I think the site would appeal to its target audience, those looking to cook for themselves, but would not captivate them.

Gluten-Free Girl (http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/)

The lady that was responsible for the blog really seemed to know what she was doing. I didn’t see anything as far as culinary school or professional experience, but they way she wrote and crossed referenced all of these other people made her sound like she knew her stuff. Not only that, but as opposed to the blog I reviewed earlier, Little Corner of Mine, the pictures used seemed to be professionally done. I’m not a big tomato fan; but that first picture on the blog of the multiple tomatoes in vivid colors made me want to go and make one of my Grandfather’s classic tomato sandwiches. These two blogs seemed to be going after the same target audience, but this one would have definitely captivated it’s members. The author did tell a lot of stories, which may have taken away from those just looking for a recipe, but I’ve always liked a good story. The font was a little small and this did make the blog a little uncomfortable to read, but I enjoyed how she incorporated the videos into her blog. It made for a much more interactive experience and had me wanting to go and make a Frittata!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes! Thanks for re-posting, Michael! I was wondering why the post so mysteriously disappeared!

    Dr. Tiff

    ReplyDelete