Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rice

On the first day of class, Dr. Tiff asked us to name our favorite foods and to tell the class why we liked it so much. I said rice because you can do so many things with it. I have not changed my mind about my favorite food, despite Brittain constantly ruining it. I am not a Brittain hater, but I just don't like their rice. Rice is NOT supposed to be crunchy! Their rice is overcooked and tasteless. Have they ever heard of rice pilaf or brown rice or different rice casseroles? Rice is such a versatile food and the people at Brittain should learn that.

2 comments:

  1. Rice is a food which can go along with any type of vegetables. One would know that one can also make deserts from it. In India, rice is cooked in boiling milk and when this is done. One mixes jaggery in order to sweeten the mixture to form 'ksheer'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had rice at the Student Center, using the meal plan option they have at night. I didn't care for it at all- it was bland, tasteless, and had a strange consistency.

    ReplyDelete