Sunday, December 6, 2009

Missing Mom's Meals

Although I feel blessed to be born into a rich culture with a tradition of exotic foods, I have always preferred American foods over Indian. Maybe because my mom always cooked Indian food at home, and eating good American food was a rare treat. My parents always teased me, saying that once I left home, I would really miss my mom's home cooking. I resisted this claim, insisting that I would love college life, dining halls, and eating burgers every day.

Boy was I wrong! Although eating burgers and fries every day was appealing for a few weeks, it got old fast. I found myself missing my mom's Indian cooking. I love coming home now to get a taste of her cooking again. Whenever I come home, she always packs lots of food for me to take back to Tech.

I've decided that I'm going to learn a few Indian recipes and make them at Tech in the Spring!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea to cook for yourself while you're in college. My mom bought me some groceries and some pots and pans. I've made a few small things this semester, but next semester I'll be making a lot more. Sometimes the dining hall just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete