Friday, December 4, 2009

Holiday Dinner at Brittain

Yesterday from 5 - 8 was Brittain's holiday dinner. The dining hall was closed from 2 to 5 in preparation, which annoyed me because I went to get lunch at 3, but it was well worth it!

I went around 6 planning on just getting a burger or something, but I ended up staying for close to 45 minutes and pretty much pigged out :-P

The got rid of all of the normal food, and had all different, very good, food. Where the grill is they had baked chicken, some beef thing, candied sweet potatoes, cornbread stuffing, and an asparagus dish. At encore they had crepes and chocolate covered strawberries (which I love!). At the burrito bar they had milkshakes, and at the sandwich area they had pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cake. They had waffles on a stick (and an ice sculpture) in the lobby. They also had eggnog and apple cider.

As for the dining room, it was very much in the spirit. The lights were dimmed, and all the tables had green and red table cloths. They played Christmas music, and all the employees had Santa hats on.

It was a wonderful treat, and it was very depressing going today when everything was back to normal.

7 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I wish I had known about it. That makes me so excited for Christmas and getting to eat all of my favorite foods again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun at the dining hall last night! The ambiance was fabulous and it made me really excited for the holidays! The salmon was REALLY good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that the salmon was the same salmon that they always have. I've never seen it there before, but I'd like to know where it is because it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it sucks that I missed it. I love holiday themed meals. The food is always good. And Christmas food is great. I definitely won't miss this next year

    ReplyDelete
  5. I visited the one held at Woodies and did not enjoy it that as much as I had expected it to be. It had only non vegetarian meals to feast upon and there was no deserts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By far the best meal of the year!!! it was amazing, i had no idea about it until i strolled in at 5. It was definitely a pleasant surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pleasantly surprised to this treat as well at Woodies. Unfortunately, I had no prior knowledge of the special occasion and showed up 30 minutes before the reopening of the dining hall and ended up shivering outside in a long line. But it was definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete