Sunday, December 6, 2009

Meal Plan at the Student Center

It might be hard to believe but I discovered last week that I could use my meal plans in the student center. I wasted no time at all. As soon as I received this important piece of information I made my way to the student center. Coincidentally the dining hall was closed for some time to prepare for the dead week feast. The food available through the meal plan was the buffet at the left hand side of the food court, the salad bar and one glass of a fountain drink. Seemed pretty reasonable. As expected the food wasn't exactly extra ordinary but it was something different and anything other than dining hall food always tastes better especially if you are having it for the first time. The only drawback would be your lack of freedom to choose different kinds of food. For example the dining consists of various stalls and bars but the student center dinner is confined to a very small array of items. Overall it seemed decent and I would probably be having more of it in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I think the meal plan becomes available at the student center after 4 p.m. I agree, the food is not so great, but it's nice to eat in a different environment once in a while for dinner. It's also pretty helpful if I'm hungry, around the student center at night and don't feel like walking back to the dining halls for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I also discovered this fact somewhat late in the semester. And link you, once I discovered it, I ate there as much as possible. The thing that I think I like most is the fact that they offer more and varying options of meats and sources of proteins than the dinning hall typically does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food at the student center covered by the meal plan tastes better in my opinion. But once you step inside the food court at the student center, everything else they have seems to tempt you and i usually end up giving in and buying other food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to this place often but I was never aware of this wonderful dining experience open to all of us. While hanging out with my friends once, they said lets dine here and I exclaimed that it would really be costly for us. And this was the point they burst out laughing and explained me that I could dine on my meal plan in here. :)

    ReplyDelete