Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Abscences make-up; Anyone Can Cook

For my slideshow, "Anyone can Cook", i chose to include a bunch of college students as the target of the picture. For one, this was a lot easier on me as i know many more college students than any other demographic and as a visual essay designer, in my opinion, it is best to present what you know. However, i also wanted to use college students because not only is my target audience composed of mainly college students but they are also generally regarded as busy, lazy, and inexperienced at cooking. So if they can cook, who can't? I wanted nothing but unique meals to show that there was a variety of things that anyone could cook. Each of the captions gave the University and first name of the person starring in the picture. Yellow Jacket was subbed out for Georgia Tech because, frankly, it sounds cooler and everyone in the target audience would know what it meant.

For the sake of appearance i added video clips to my slideshow. The Clip from Ratatouille was used primarily to introduce my theme and close my show out. I added Julia Child because i love her work, and she burned all of the dishes she designed. Though she did this intentionally, it added a new dynamic to the visual essay. Even if you mess up a few times, don't think you can't cook. Even Julia Child burns the occasional dish.

NOTE: Video Segment will be added to this blog once blogger's compatibility issues are fixed.

1 comment: